Kununurra Visitor Information
Visitor Information: Kununurra, Western Australia
Kununurra is a beautiful town situated in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. This picturesque town is surrounded by stunning natural scenery, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kununurra is accessible by air, road and public transport. The nearest airport is the Kununurra Airport, which has regular flights from Perth and other major cities. Alternatively, you can drive from Perth, Darwin or Broome. There are also coach services that operate to and from Kununurra.
There are a range of accommodation options available in Kununurra, including hotels, motels, guesthouses, apartments and camping sites. Some popular options include the Kimberley Grande Resort, Kununurra Country Club Resort and Lake Argyle Resort.
Things to See and Do
- Take a scenic flight over Lake Argyle, the Bungle Bungle Range or the Mitchell Falls
- Visit the Kununurra Diversion Dam
- Explore the stunning Mirima National Park
- Take a boat tour down the Ord River
- Go fishing for barramundi in the local rivers and lakes
- Visit the Hoochery Distillery to taste some locally made rum
- Attend the annual Ord Valley Muster festival in May
Kununurra has a tropical savanna climate, with hot and humid summers and warm and dry winters. The rainy season is from November to April, while the dry season is from May to October.
- Time Zone: Australian Western Standard Time (AWST)
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Language: English
- Emergency Services: Dial 000
- Tourist Information Centre: Kununurra Visitor Centre, 2 Coolibah Drive, Kununurra WA 6743
Overall, Kununurra is a must-visit destination for anyone travelling to Western Australia. With its incredible natural beauty, fascinating wildlife and range of outdoor activities, it offers a unique and unforgettable Australian experience.