Kununurra Retail and Shopping Directory
Do you like the Shops in Kununurra?
Kununurra Retail and Shopping
Kununurra is a small town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, located around 3200km north of Perth. Despite its remote location, Kununurra boasts a number of places to shop for groceries, clothes, shoes, and appliances, as well as several shopping centers and markets.
Kununurra has two main shopping centers:
- Kununurra Shopping Center: This is the larger of the two shopping centers, with a variety of stores including Kmart, Woolworths, and Target. It also has a number of specialty stores, cafes, and a food court. There is plenty of parking available.
- Ivanhoe Village Shopping Center: This smaller shopping center has a Coles supermarket, Liquorland, and a few specialty stores. It also has a small outdoor area with a couple of cafes. The parking can be a bit limited.
Aside from the shopping centers, there are a few retail outlets in Kununurra:
- Harvey Norman: This large store sells electronics, appliances, furniture and bedding.
- Bunnings: The popular hardware store sells everything you need for DIY, gardening and construction. They also offer a click and collect service.
- Sportspower: This store sells sporting equipment and apparel for a range of sports including cricket, football, netball and swimming.
If you just need groceries, there are a few supermarkets in Kununurra:
- Woolworths: This supermarket is located in the Kununurra Shopping Center and offers a range of groceries, fresh produce, and household items.
- Coles: The Coles supermarket is located in Ivanhoe Village Shopping Center. They offer a similar range of products as Woolworths.
- Kununurra IGA: The independent grocer offers a smaller range of groceries and fresh produce compared to the larger chains, but it's a convenient option for locals who live nearby.
Kununurra has several markets that sell everything from fresh produce to arts and crafts:
- Kununurra Farmers Market: Held every Saturday from May to September, this market offers a variety of locally grown fruits and vegetables, as well as arts and crafts and live music.
- Kununurra Art and Craft Market: Held on the second Saturday of every month from April to September, this market features a variety of handcrafted items such as pottery, textiles, and jewelry.
- Ord Valley Muster: This annual event in May features a market that showcases local produce and products, as well as live entertainment and other activities.
Overall, while Kununurra may not have the same range of shopping options as larger cities, it still has plenty of places to shop for groceries, clothes, shoes, and appliances. Whether you prefer to shop at a large chain store or support local businesses at the markets, there is something for everyone.
Kununurra Retail and Shopping Articles