Kununurra Travel and Flights
Flights and Travel into Kununurra
Kununurra has its own airport, the Kununurra Airport (KNX), which is well-connected to various major cities within Australia.
If you are flying domestically, you can book a direct flight from Perth, Darwin, or Broome to Kununurra. Several airlines, including Qantas and Virgin Australia, operate flights to Kununurra.
If you prefer traveling by road, Kununurra is accessible via several highways:
- From Darwin: Take the Stuart Highway southbound and continue onto Victoria Highway, which leads you to Kununurra.
- From Perth: The journey will take approximately 32 hours by car. Take National Route 1 eastbound, following Great Northern Highway. Continue on National Highway 95 and head north to reach Kununurra.
- From Broome: Travel eastbound on the Great Northern Highway, and after approximately 10 hours, you will reach Kununurra.
Bus services are available from nearby towns and cities:
- From Darwin: You can catch a bus operated by Greyhound Australia, which offers services from Darwin to Kununurra.
- From Broome: Kimberley Express offers bus services between Broome and Kununurra.
Unfortunately, there is no direct train service to Kununurra. However, you can take a train to a nearby city or town (such as Broome or Darwin) and then continue your journey to Kununurra via road or air.
Kununurra offers a variety of accommodation options, including hotels, motels, caravan parks, and camping sites. Some popular choices include Kununurra Country Club Resort, Kimberley Grande, and Lakeview Apartments.
Once in Kununurra, you can explore the town and its surroundings by hiring a car from one of the available rental companies. Taxis and rideshare services are also available to get around locally.
Kununurra is known for its stunning natural beauty and offers several attractions:
- Explore the remarkable Bungle Bungle Range in the nearby Purnululu National Park. These unique beehive-shaped rock formations are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a boat tour on the majestic Lake Kununurra and visit the Ord River Dam.
- Discover the stunning Mirima National Park, also known as the Hidden Valley.
- Experience Aboriginal culture and art by visiting local galleries and cultural centers.
- Enjoy fishing and wildlife spotting in the picturesque surrounds of Kununurra.
Plan your trip to Kununurra and immerse yourself in the natural wonders of Western Australia!
How to get Sale and Discount Flights for Kununurra locals and Western Australia visitors
Through an agreement we have between our trusted travel network partner Kayak and www.kununurra.town we are delighted to offer you Heavily Discounted Flights and Car Hire. Here you can use the same services most Travel Agents use without the price markup. Enjoy :-) Simply Visit..